Tuesday 2 June 2009

"Just one more click..."

The Stumble upon phenomenon has been keeping me awake, yet again. This little green and blue button, innocent looking enough, is a sinister weapon devised by some internet genius to make people sleep later. I'm convinced of it.

For those of you who haven't yet experienced Stumble upon, I'll explain. It's a plugin downloadable to your internet browser, which gives you a tool bar, there are various options on this toolbar but the main feature is the button saying "Stumble!".
Clicking this button generates a random website, which can be preferenced or otherwise, which will help to give results you'll like more.
How can you get this you ask? Just google for "Stumble upon", easy peasy.

A word of warning. This is not for the faint of heart. Side affects of Stumble upon include:

-Late nights
-Grouchiness and mood swings
-Addiction

and can eventually lead to the development of "JOMCS" or "Just one more click syndrome". After telling yourself that you'll only click it once, just before you go to bed, you will be compelled to click it "Just once more" for the next hour. At least.

You have been warned.

Your nightmare begins now

x

2 comments:

  1. OMG! I love Stumble upon! I get the best stuff there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosie showed me this ages ago.
    I'd get it, only my laptop's dieing.

    ReplyDelete